background

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Yummy Pumpkin Roll Cake

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE FALL!

The smells, the food, the spices, the colors, the decorations, EVERYTHING about it just makes me warm and toasty inside. So when fall rolls around I love to cook

(who am I kidding... I love to cook all year round :) but this time of year is one of my favorites!)


I am always in search of new yummy recipes. So about 5 years ago I found this website ALLRECIPES.COM. I LOVE IT! It has almost every recipe that you could possibly want and best of all it has a rating on each and every recipe from others who have tried it. That way you know if it is going to be good. That is where I found this tasty recipe. I just wanted to share it with all of you, and believe me this is The Best Recipe I have found for pumpkin rolls.


ENJOY!



Pumpkin Roll Cake

_____________________________________


Photo-Gallery.aspx.jpg

Makes: 18 servings

Ingredients

3 eggs

1 cup white sugar

2/3 cup canned pumpkin

1 teaspoon lemon juice

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 cup chopped *walnuts

(*I use pecans, I'm allergic to walnuts and plus pecans are better!)

6 ounces cream cheese, softened

1 cup confectioners' sugar

1/4 cup butter, softened

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract



Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in white sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Add pumpkin and lemon juice.
  3. In another bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; fold into the pumpkin mixture.
  4. Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan; line with waxed paper. Grease and flour the paper. Spread batter into pan; sprinkle with walnuts.
  5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
  6. Immediately turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel, starting with the short end. Cool.
  7. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
  8. Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar, if desired.

Nutritional Information pastedGraphic_1.pdf

Amount Per Serving Calories: 180 | Total Fat: 7.6g | Cholesterol: 59mg



No comments:

Post a Comment