I ABSOLUTELY LOVE FALL!
The smells, the food, the spices, the colors, the decorations, EVERYTHING about it just makes me warm and toasty inside. So when fall rolls around I love to cook
(who am I kidding... I love to cook all year round :) but this time of year is one of my favorites!)
I am always in search of new yummy recipes. So about 5 years ago I found this website ALLRECIPES.COM. I LOVE IT! It has almost every recipe that you could possibly want and best of all it has a rating on each and every recipe from others who have tried it. That way you know if it is going to be good. That is where I found this tasty recipe. I just wanted to share it with all of you, and believe me this is The Best Recipe I have found for pumpkin rolls.
Pumpkin Roll Cake
Makes: 18 servings
1 cup white sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup chopped *walnuts
(*I use pecans, I'm allergic to walnuts and plus pecans are better!)
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in white sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Add pumpkin and lemon juice.
- In another bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; fold into the pumpkin mixture.
- Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan; line with waxed paper. Grease and flour the paper. Spread batter into pan; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel, starting with the short end. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 180 | Total Fat: 7.6g | Cholesterol: 59mg